Hojo Undo - “Supplementary Exercises”. The traditional conditioning methods of Karate-do!
- Diagram of some of the tools used
- Makiwara - Striking post padded with rope
- Jari Bako - Bowl filled with sand, dried rice, or smooth stones for striking (in Chinese martial arts they use a similar methods but they use Mung beans, gravel, and steel balls)
- Tou - Bamboo bundle for striking with the finger tips
- Ishi - Large stone used for striking…the running theme here is “find something hard and hit it a lot”
- Chiishi - Weighted levers
- Ishi Sashi - Stone locks that are used in a similar fashion to kettlebells
- Nigiri Game - Gripping jars (love the face of the dude on the right!)
- Tetsu Geta - Iron shoes
- Tan and Ude Tanren - Tan are early barbells made from wood and stone and Ude Tanren are drills where two partners strike each other for the purpose of building pain tolerance, stronger muscle, and denser bones
They use the same kick, right? First feint, Second real.
It’s so hard to find the same kick movement, Reblog it if you like the pics
I’ll instant follow back
Muay Boran child
A remarkably clear shot of Ip Man’s Wing Chun academy circa 1951. You can see Ip Man center front row.
These students were considered Bruce Lee’s seniors under Ip Man’s tutelage.
Jackie Chan in one of his better old school films, “Spiritual Kung Fu.”
Just some random Jackie Chan outtakes/bloopers…
HIGHLIGHTS | GRAND SLAM TOKYO 2013